D ear guests,
Help us in our efforts to make a safe and comfortable stay for all those who come to Kamenjak, without affecting the values that make up this area so unique. If you follow these simple rules of behaviour and protection measures, we'll save Kamenjak as it is today for future generations.
- Picking, destructing and collecting plants, animals and fungi and their evolution forms (eggs, larvae, pupae, seeds, fruits, mycelia, etc.) is prohibited, unless in case of allowed recreational fishing based on valid licenses. As an alternative, we suggest taking photos - the photos you take will be a permanent reminder of what you experienced on Kamenjak.
- Please do not bring in allochthonous (non-acclimatized, foreign, non-native, exotic, or introduced species) plants and animals, because new species may seriously disrupt the delicate ecological balance.
- Please observe the speed limit, drive only along marked paths and make sure that you do not park your car in the green areas. The ban on driving outside marked paths applies to motorcycles as well. This will contribute to the preservation of the valuable habitats and protected plants that make this area distinctive, it will help avoid soil erosion and devastating effects of spraying vegetation with dust. Do not let these beautiful meadows become lifeless and barren rocky terrain! We prepared a biking trail outside the roads used by motor vehicles. So we recommend coming to Kamenjak by bike. The experience is much better.
- We have provided free use of safe public fireplaces. Use them only when weather conditions permit and when there is no risk of the spread of fire (pay attention on the marked degrees of danger when entering the protected area). Any carelessness with fire can be fatal, therefore, building fires outside the fireplaces is not allowed.
- Make sure that pollutants such as gasoline, oil or detergents do not get into the sea and the environment!
- It is not allowed to destruct, remove or steal archaeological findings.
- In the summer time there are public chemical toilets at your disposal. Use them!
- Most dogs love swimming and going to the beach for them is a real pleasure. However, dog owners need to know that not everyone is comfortable around animals. Therefore, please keep your dogs on a leash and control their behaviour. Although your pets may be clean and obedient, their swimming among people is not appropriate. We suggest you choose an isolated beach or wait for the early evening hours when there are fewer visitors, so that you and your pet could safely enjoy playing and swimming.
- Camping is prohibited. Exceptions are organised visits based on a special permission by the Public Institution of Kamenjak that manages the protected area. As an alternative, we suggest nearby campsites Stupice, Tašalera and Runke.
- In the underwater world of the Medulin Archipelago there are meadows of Posidonia oceanica, protected seagrass. It is almost impossible to restore destroyed meadows, so please do not anchor in them. Wherever possible, moor your vessel to the coast or in a designated place. Even if because of that you will have to swim to, let's say, your dive spot. In any case, always check the sea bottom before you drop your anchor.
- Some of you will meet dolphins that visit this area. Dolphins are a symbol of a healthy sea and in Croatia they are protected by law. In order to be able to visit us again, please observe the following rules of conduct when encountering dolphins: do not chase them or drive your boat directly toward them. Dolphins must be approached very slowly, keeping parallel to their course and avoiding sudden changes of direction and sudden noise. It is best to turn off the engine. Within 100 metres of the dolphins there should be no more than one vessel, and within 200 metres a maximum of three. When you leave the dolphin area, you should accelerate gradually and only when they are at a distance of 100 metres.
- Swimmers should keep in mind that sea currents are very strong in the entire coastal area around Kamenjak, especially between Cape Kršine and the island of Fenoliga, and in the summer months there are many vessels approaching very close to the coast. For your own safety, do not move away more than 100 metres from the shore, to avoid the possibility of random accidents.
- Kamenjak is a must destination for many divers. Although it blocks your view and looks like a shield, below sea divers are not protected from the propellers of vessels. Therefore, please be very careful and use red and white diving buoys or balloons that indicate the position of a diver in the sea. Vessels should not come close to a less than 50 metres from the buoy.
- There are rules of conduct for divers as well: select a safe enough spot to enter water, control your equipment and navigability and other preparatory work, where there will be no mechanical damage. During the dive watch the movements of your fins and water movements that they create, watch your photographic equipment and other devices; these are the main causes of accidental damage. Do not disturb sea organisms, do not illuminate them with your powerful underwater lights for a long time.
- In order to avoid fatal accidents, please observe laws and regulations and drive your speedboat at a minimum distance of 300 metres from the shore. At the same time, swimmers, for their personal safety, should not move away more than 100 metres from the shore.
- We kindly ask all visitors to respect the working hours of the Public Institution and leave the protected area until 22.00 hours.
The Ranger Service of the Public Institution of Kamenjak operates within the protected area, and is at your disposal for any further information or assistance or in case you wish to forward any information that will help us preserve these valuable areas.
Ranger Service Phone Number: +385(0)98/255-82-57